Sunday, May 29, 2011

Are You Free?

Today I was talking with a gentleman who is currently an inmate in a correctional facility.  He made a statement that really sinked into my spirit.  He said "I am free on the inside, just not free on the outside".  I told him that there are many people in the world who are free on the outside (free to come and go as they choose) but bound by the chains of sin on the inside (spiritually walking around in sin's prison).  This gentleman spends most of his time locked in a correctional facility, but that doesn't mean he is not free.  If his heart is right with God, he is free regardless of where he lives! 

I am thankful for my national freedom that I am priviledged with in this country. I am thankful to those who have played a part in making it all possible. I am thankful that I can go to the House of God and worship my Savior freely and my heart goes out to those in other countries who aren't blessed with the same freedom. Things are happening in this country that I know that God is not pleased with and it is my heart's cry for America to turn back to God. I am proud to be an American and I am proud to proclaim that IN GOD I DO STILL TRUST!!


When I think of freedom, I realize that it is a state of personal independence. That may be the case on a national level, but spiritually in the eyes of God we are not free apart from Christ. The day I asked Jesus into my heart to forgive me of my sins was the day I experienced what it really means to be free! Thank You Jesus for my FREEDOM!!!

John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free.


No comments:

Post a Comment