Tuesday, July 28, 2009

One Child's Junk Another Child's Treasure

My husband loves junk, on the other hand, I don't. I have a scenario that if I haven't used it in a while or if it hasn't been used in a while it is considered junk. Even if I do consider it junk that doesn't mean it still can't be of use to someone else. Something that I can't seem to get any use out of, someone else can. I have been able to use things that other people considered their junk but in turn served a purpose for me.

The other day as my husband was making one of his trips to the landfill, he came across a couple of things that he brought home. One was a trash can for outdoors. I already have a trash can and I like my trash can because I know it's my trash that is put in there and no one elses. He wanted to switch my trash can with the one he found at the landfill, that didn't set too well on my stomach, so I fussed until he switched it back. Now he uses the one he found at the landfill to put cans in. I can deal with that.

The other item he found ended up being a treasure to my little boy. After a good washing and pumping up the tires it practically looks like a new bike. My little boy calls it his new bike. He already has a bike but he still takes pride in this one. So, some good things can be found at the landfill, even if I don't like junk.



When looking at others who have messed up in life we sometimes will judge them in the same manner as we judge our junk. We want to throw them away and have nothing else to do with them. I am so thankful that God isn't like that. When he saved me, He took me out of the landfill so to speak and gave me a bath in the blood of Jesus. Now I am no longer junk, I am His treasure! He can do the same for you!

3 comments:

  1. And don't forget, you found Homer in the riding lawm mower section of the junk yard hollering "GIT ER DONE"

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOUR BEAUTIFUL BROTHERJuly 29, 2009 at 11:18 AM

    Very nice post LULU

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for helping me with this Dwayne, my beautiful brother!!!

    ReplyDelete