Thursday, June 11, 2009

Goodbye Friskie!


Today I went outside to feed my kitty and she didn't come up on the porch like she always does. Usually she is standing at the door when I open it. But, today she wasn't. I put the food out and came back in for a while. Then I went back out and I saw this huge bird flying away, not sure why the bird was in the yard, it was strange because I had never seen one that big in my yard. A few minutes later I went back outside to put the battery in my son's toy corvette and I turned to look beside me and I saw her laying next to the sandbox and my heart burst, it was so overwhelming! I have had her for approximately 9 years and I will miss her so much.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I am so sorry to hear the news about Friskie... I remember her from your apartment when we used to sing all night making tapes for out aunts and stuff... I have not seen her since then... That has been a long time... Sorry again for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda~So many memories of Friskie (Mayo) for me! Once upon a time she was mine but for various reasons I couldn't keep her! LOL She will be missed although I haven't seen her in years! Think it was when CJ was born and I visited...WOW long time! So sorry about your loss, I know how hard it is to lose a animal/friend...They become a part of the family so fast! If I come across another MAYO I will give you a call! Love you and sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Crissy and Tina for your comments. It has definitely been a rough day, my eyes are swollen from crying. Just got home and it was hard just pulling in the driveway because I am so used to seeing her.

    ReplyDelete