Monday, June 22, 2009

PEACE

When I went to bed last night I had one word running through my mind .... PEACE... I immediately began to thank God for it! I recalled the many things that God has brought me through in my life and I said "God, only You can give real peace". Through heartaches, resentment, abuse, neglect, confusion, loss, mistreatment, sickness, and the list could go on and on, God has always brought me back to that place of ....PEACE.... I remember a saying that I once read
Know JESUS, Know PEACE... NO Jesus, NO Peace
From my experience I can honestly say that is true. I talk to people all the time who are not at peace with themselves. These individuals know where to find peace, but for some reason they "choose" to go in the wrong direction. They are willing to try so many other methods except the one that works. Only Jesus can give you real peace, no need to search any other place! I want to leave you with a passage of Scripture:

Isaiah 59:8 They don’t know where to find peace
or what it means to be just and good.
They have mapped out crooked roads,
and no one who follows them knows a moment’s peace

No comments:

Post a Comment